It turns out that I found the camera cord moments after Jason published our last post, so here goes the updating! Let's start with November. What could be more exciting than my birthday? I know. Apparently, plenty. We were playing at the Handly's house one Friday when Jackson tripped himself up walking across the living room. He burst into tears and couldn't be consoled! It was like he broke his...leg...or...exactly. He broke his leg walking. It's that easy to get a spiral fracture, for Jackson. This incident marked the beginning of Jackson's fear of anyone wearing scrubs. He crashed after countless x-rays and having his splint shaped and wrapped. (By the way, aren't x-rays amazing now? They came in the room and took them all there with Jackson sitting right by me. I remember when I broke my collarbone and I had to actually go to an x-ray room. I had to lay on this huge conveyor belt looking thing attached to a wall of gadgets and gears. Just think Return to Oz when they are about to electroshock Dorothy. At least, that's what I remember from my 4 year old mind.)
After he got his cast on, which took two years off of my life, we went to the store to get a new toy.
Even though I felt awful that he had to wear a cast for 5 weeks, he had to be the cutest cast-wearing kid I've ever seen. He makes it look so good. Now for the toy.
My friend Rebekah told me how awesome this keyboard is, and she did not disappoint! Jackson loves it, still. It also has a microphone which might be my favorite part. Or maybe the speed control. (It reminds me of playing with the microphone for our first computer. BIG RED.)
One thing I'll miss about the cast is all the people that would stop us in the store, especially older people. They would ask what happened and then end up telling their own version of broken bone stories about their kids or grandkids, and I loved it! Sure, I would have to add about 20 minutes to any shopping trip for the talking, but I miss it! I'm tempted to get a snap on cast for Jackson just so he can wear it out and I can talk to people. That doesn't sound sick at all.
A few days later we went to Randy and Arlene's house for Thanksgiving and I got to bring a cherry pie. Check out this masterpiece.
Too bad the most beautiful part about cherry pies is on the inside! Look at these colors!
That picture is actually from Thanksgiving of 2001. So is this...
Proof that I've always had a thing for cherry pies. And Jack Skellington. And red hair dye.
Moving on! To get ready for December, we made an advent forest. Each tree had a slip of paper underneath which gave us an activity to do as a family. I am sad to report that when I took this picture at the end of November, we still had not put up our tree. Apparently we were angry elves this year.


No comments:
Post a Comment