"I want my geese to lay gold eggs for Easter."
Better yet, Reese's eggs! I only enjoy two kinds of Easter candy, Reese's peanut butter cup eggs and SweeTarts Chicks, Ducks, and Bunnies. Imagine my shock and dismay after coming up empty handed after Jason and I (well, mostly Jason) scoured the city for the SweeTarts. On Saturday night, Jason came home with a very sweet surprise for me.
Even though I may pretend to shun everything "girly," I really enjoy fresh flowers because they remind me of New York. My roommates and I always had fresh flowers in our apartment. Jason also presented me with some SweeTarts, offering to whittle them into chicks, ducks, and bunnies, but by the time he was done explaining this, I had already eaten the entire roll. I am one lucky "girl."
Not knowing what to give Jackson on his first Easter, but wanting to commemorate the day somehow, we gave him a stuffed dinosaur and a pull string flying saucer toy similar to this one.
So Jason picked out this toy seemingly for himself. I found him playing with it by following the trail of ceiling on the floor. Randy and Arlene came down from Houston to visit and have dinner with us. After a great meal and some quality family time, we got down to the business of decorating eggs.
Gabe's Ghoulies
Jason's Juggernauts
As you can see, we really pulled out the creative forces this year, especially Jason with his x-wing mouth machine.
Unfortunately for Jackson, he struggled with three more teeth poking through over the weekend, bringing the grand total up to seven. Hence the post title, which is the name of a book and the main character, a rogue tooth fairy. Let me save you some time and tell you to go ahead and pass this one up on your summer reading list. Suffice it to say, smiling Easter pictures were hard to come by, so here are the best of the bunch.
It wasn't all tears though! I know how to get the giggles out of this kid.
Jason had a concert last night and it went really well. His band has greatly improved both in playing and attitude. Jackson loves going to concerts, only making noises when the music stops, or when it is not exciting enough, as he is pointing out to Matt and Linda here.
We played while waiting for the stage to be cleared and even though he has drool all over his shirt (hopefully signalling that his missing front tooth is coming in so he can have a small reprieve before the next round), I had to include this picture. Sometimes there just isn't enough face for his smile.



Do your eggs have hair?! I have never seen that before :). Where did you come up with the idea for your eggs?
ReplyDeleteJackson looks like one happy boy... even when teething! He has now tied Macy for number of teeth. Should I be worried?!
Our monster egg idea came from a package of egg decorating supplies that included the stickers, pipe cleaners, and hair. Like I said .. we are SO creative. ;)
ReplyDelete