Saturday, November 13, 2010

Chattanooga Choo Choo

Happy Birthday to me!  Trivia:  29 is the track the Chattanooga Choo Choo leaves from in the Glenn Miller song.  I didn't even have to look that up.  I love big band music. 

I was feeling pretty young this week!  A few friends even made some comments about how I don't look old enough to be 29 - how sweet.  However, one of my piano students saw this picture on a shelf in our foyer ..


and asked who is in the picture.  I told him this is my grandma (aka Grams).  He then asked, "Are you sure this isn't your mom?"  Yes.  I'm sure.  I am young enough to have a fabulous looking grandmother.  Hey Mom, if he saw a picture of you he'd probably say you are my sister!

I've learned a little something from my dad - birthdays are meant to be extended.  Jason and I went to hear the University of North Texas' One O'Clock Lab Band play at Angleton High School on Wednesday night.  I can't remember the last concert I attended without Jackson.  I actually got to sit and listen!  I went out to lunch with some girlfriends on Friday, and Jason cooked dinner Friday night.  Not too shabby.  Today was great, too, minus the cleaning the house thing and Jason's two-hour long meeting.  Randy and Arlene took us out to lunch.  Jackson enjoyed dipping everything he ate in ketchup.  So focused, probably ensuring the same ratio of ketchup per food item for every bite.  He is my child.


A few friends came over later for some cake and ice cream.  Emily made a delicious strawberry cake with strawberry icing that had real strawberries in it!  Can you tell I love strawberries?


Yes, there are 29 candles on that cake.  We had two lighters going so as not to burn the candles down completely before we could finish.


When Jason saw my cake completely lit with the lights out, he said, in true nerd style, that the beacon had been lit.  

 
I was laughing in this picture because of how cute it was to see Sarah, Morgan, and Aubrey singing Happy Birthday.  Sarah wasn't even saying every word, but she had the biggest smile on her face the whole time.  And now, my favorite picture.  Utilizing my breath control honed by singing and swimming, I blew out all 29 candles in one breath (okay, so I almost didn't get the last one - I'll have to start practicing for next year).  Check out the smoke!


The best part?  My celebration continues!  Jason and I are going to see Harry Potter next Saturday while Matt and Katherine watch Jackson.  They might be more excited to watch him than we are to see the movie, if you can imagine.  Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and serenades!  It's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment