Just kidding. I wouldn't give up Jackson for anything. Not even a fantastic looking David Bowie. Jackson had his 15 month appointment this afternoon. He is now 33.5 inches long, 23 pounds and 7 ounces, and has a noggin 47.5 centimeters around. He is gaining less weight each appointment, but growing more, so he has totally lost the baby look. Since he is a human stick, finding clothes that fit well is a challenge. I feel like I could keep rolling the waist of his pants over and over and they would still sag. Thank goodness for shoes, which are basically the only thing keeping some of his pants up.
Fifteen must be the magic number right now because he is 15 months old, has 15 teeth, and knows about 15 words:
ball, car, dog, star, circle, cracker, juice, shoe, bye-bye, hi, Dada, Mama (although he rarely calls me anything), book, up, straw, cheese.
There might be a few I have left out. Of course, there are the words that he uses a lot but we have failed to recognize in the Enlgish language, like weesh and bit-a-baw. I have a very hard time getting him to talk while on video, but hopefully I'll catch a few of these here and there.
When we were in the waiting room, Jackson lost his mind. He was so irritable because of his teeth and being woken up from his nap that he cried at anything. I felt like the ridiculous mom who couldn't control her kid while everyone stared and made silent judgements! I was thrilled when they called his name, but the chaos continued. He cried when he had to sit on the scale, when the nurse measured him, when Dr. Bottenfield checked him out, and of course, when he got two booster shots and a flu shot. He went to bed early and missed out on pumpkins, but a tired kid around pumpkin guts and knives probably wouldn't have been a good scene.
Sorry Jareth, "you have no power over me."
No comments:
Post a Comment