Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Roadie

The UIL marching contest is now over.  I usually don't see Jason from the end of July till about a week from now every year, but this season went a little faster.  Maybe because I have a fantastic distraction!  Jackson's endless energy was the topic of the day.  I saw a friend at the rec center who told me I have one active little boy, and he decided to prove her right.  Matt met us at our house to drive up to Pearland around 3 o'clock, already 30 minutes past Jackson's usual nap time.  I put in a movie so he could relax and fall asleep for the hour drive.  Silly me put in Horton Hears a Who! which is Jackson's favorite movie, so instead of falling asleep, he intently watched the movie the entire way.  At least he got the relaxing part down.  When we got to The Rig (what an awesome name for the Oilers' stadium), we met up with the band in the warm up area.  Jackson ran around in the grass while Jason ran through the show with the front ensemble.


I got him to sit through the performance by giving him milk and Goldfish crackers.  He is pretty easily bribed.  The kids did a really great job, the best I've seen since we moved here.  When everyone was packing up, Jackson took the opportunity to grab a huge blue yoga ball from one of the guard members.  Every time the girls use these in the show he has looked at them with such longing.


After stealing the ball, Jackson's checklist went a little something like this:

Hit gong.  Check.


Help push percussion equipment.  Check.


Attack Matt.  Check.


Walk on every green and red dot painted on the ground.  Check.


Use the loading ramp as a slide.  Check. 


It was around 7 when we left, so I figured Jackson would fall asleep on the way home.  Again, silly me.  He decided to crash in the driveway, right after we had decided to all go out to eat together.  Later, Jason brought me some Taco Bell which I love, so all's well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment