Friday, October 15, 2010

Riddikulus!

Rafe brought me a present today in the form of a mutant grasshopper.  He ran in the front door with it in his mouth and then dropped it, setting it off on a jumping spree.  It almost jumped ON me.  Bugs.  Why.  You think you are going to have a normal day when one invades your house and you are forced to keep an eye on it until someone comes to the rescue.  Why would anyone need rescuing from a grasshopper?  Because it looked like THIS!


That's not even the whole thing!  Agh, I just spit out the apple I was eating.  It took about an hour for it to get to this location.  By then, I had already text messaged and called a few people, but no one was available!  Jackson was awake and playing with the broom, a great distraction from the jumping monster on the wall.  I kept having visions of him trying to touch it and it jumping on him.  What would I do then?  Swat at him with the broom?  I decided to call Matt at work since he didn't answer his cell phone.  It sounded like he was busy, so when he eventually got to the phone, I felt ridiculous describing the situation.  I'm sure he just heard giant grasshopper, help, wimp, cotton-headed ninny-muggins.  He agreed to stop by on his way home before the football game.  Of course, only seconds before he reached the door, I lost sight of Mothra and had a minor panic attack.  All of Matt's doubts at my grip on reality melted away when he walked past the bookshelf to see the largest, scariest grasshopper ever to inhabit the earth!


No pictures will ever do it justice.  So Matt stopped in his tracks as he realized I was not exaggerating in the least!  He took a picture for his dad, to whom he divulged his errand over the phone.  I'm sure I'll be hearing about this from Mr. Delgado very soon!  Suffice it to say that Matt took care of everything and saved our lives.  Jackson didn't get caught up in the excitement because he was still sweeping.

   

For those of you keeping track of the patchwork paint on the walls, we are going with color number three.  Mustard.  That is, we will go with mustard in the kitchen if we ever finish the living room, dining room, and foyer.  Right.  Well, a ginormous thanks to Matt for debugging our house on a Friday afternoon.  I owe you!  And thanks goes to Jackson as well for keeping the place looking nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment