Saturday, October 30, 2010

This Is Halloween(?)

We had a Halloween carnival and Trunk or Treat today!  Seriously, it was a pretty packed day.  I volunteered to cook two chickens and debone them for dinner (why do they not bag the guts like turkeys?!), make lots of cupcakes for the cupcake eating contest, and get Jason ready.  I knew Jason wasn't thrilled to be my experiment because he had a feeling it would take a while, which it did.  He let me make him a mummy!  It looked pretty awesome at first, but a few hours of Jackson chasing and helping out with the carnival took its toll.  I wish I would have a taken a picture earlier, but like I said, I was extremely pressed for time.


And now, the only picture we have of the three of us.  Actually, this is the only picture of me from today.  I made a vow to be in a few of the pictures Jackson will see from his childhood, even if I have to ask and coax others to take them.


Portrait of a happy family, eh?  Jackson really did have a good time.  He loved running around with the other kids.  Jason and I helped out with some of the contests, so we were a bit busy, but it was a lot of fun.  Jason judged the cupcake eating contest and we were very impressed with Adam for inhaling an entire cupcake in one bite.  I'm sure someone has a picture of that somewhere!

Next was Trunk or Treat, but Jackson was not interested.  He ran up and down the sidewalk and climbed the stairs the entire time.  He ran out to the cars once, but turned right back around.  No loot for us .. I mean Jackson.



We did get him to wear his hood for about 45 seconds.  That is Sam in the background as Charlie Brown.


A demummified Jason with a very squirmy wormy.  Oh my goodness!  That's what Jackson should have been for Halloween!


My mom made a treat bag that looks like a giant bone.  We couldn't get him to hold it today, so hopefully that will be in a future post.  Jason said he will take care of his costume next year, and I'll have to come up with something else as well.  People did say we would have won the cutest couple award!  Actually, we won that award at girls camp a few years ago.  Being one of the very few couples to attend really helped seal the victory.  Till next year!  Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment